Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

"Smart Energy Panel" Seminar by London Business School Energy Club

Attended the captioned seminar this Tuesday and was almost the best seminar (as it is my interested topics) after I arrived in London. And from one of the speakers, I realized that it is planned that the building owners cannot lease or sell their properties if they got F or G rating in 2018 (admit that I know little about EU policies =.=). However, when I searched for more information about the policy, actually I was quite disappointed that the rating is referring to EPC (design rating) instead of DEC (operational rating)!!

I understand that there are much to be improved for DEC, for example

  1. building categorization
  2. inaccuracy of the result
  3. cannot access the performance of individual systems
But at the end of the day, operating rating is more meaningful than design rating in my opinion (you can refer to the CarbonBuzz project that I introduced in my previous post)!!

Anyway, hope that the Government can pay more attention to the operating rating in the future......

No comments:

Post a Comment